Thursday, December 24, 2009

Perfume bottle weights more than 3 oz-- can't bring on airplanes?

I have a perfume bottle. Inside, there's only 1.7 ounces of perfume, which is allowed by the airport to pass in carry-on. But the glass bottle is quite heavy and all together it weighs about 7 ounces. How do I avoid having the security freak out at me because the bottle looks and feels as if it would not pass their rules?Perfume bottle weights more than 3 oz-- can't bring on airplanes?
Do you absolutely have to have a bottle of perfume in your carry-on? I'm sure you'll get by just fine if you put it in your luggage. Put it in a Ziploc or Glad bag to avoid leakage.





I've seen some really crabby security people, I wouldn't risk it if I were you. Perfume can be expensive.Perfume bottle weights more than 3 oz-- can't bring on airplanes?
y dnt u just put the bottle in ur check in luggage!


i am telling u these airport securtities r very strict and they will confiscate ur bottle even if it has 1 ounce perfume in it!---- they see the total capacity of the thing----not wat actually is in there!
to put liquid in a carry on bag , the bottle must fit in a clear, plastic bag 7x8 inches but I think the bottle has to be quart sized. If you're going to check in luggage then you can just put it in there and you should have no problem.
Pour it into a small plastic bottle then bring the perfume glass bottle with you! (:
It's 3 oz by volume, not weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment