Monday, December 28, 2009

How can I save the perfume in a cracked bottle before it all leaks?

I have a bottle of perfume (D%26amp;G Light Blue) that has cracked and is slowly leaking out. Is there a way to put it in another bottle?How can I save the perfume in a cracked bottle before it all leaks?
You could hand decant it, but that is agonizingly slow. I bought a 3.4oz bottle of perfume at Christmas and decanted half of it into a 1.7oz bottle to keep for myself, and it took quite some time. But it's possible! The only problem is that if you pop the top off of a perfume bottle, it's most likely still attached somehow, and the actual opening can't be reached because it's sealed with metal or the sorts; this prevents people from adding water and reselling it, for example. It took me two pairs of pliers and a lot of patience to get it off enough that I would be able to reclose it. All you do is get that off so that the opening is clear, and you spray the perfume from the cracked bottle into the good bottle. Or, you can get the top off of the cracked bottle (and not worry about having to put it back on) and just pour it in.





Sorry to make this sound so complicated. Look up info on decanting perfume; sounds like a good option to me...and the only one I can think of. Good luck!





p.s. the nail polish might work, but won't the alcohol in the perfume eat right through the polish? Not trying to be negative per se, only realistic...but I do hope it does work!





Also, I've had a similar problem happen to me before, though with a much less costly product (jojoba oil). I taped it with duct tape, and kept it in a plastic bag. I was able to impede total loss of the product, but a lot still leaked through the tape and coated the inside of the bag (and the outside of the bottle). Still an option!! Always good for a temporary solution, anyways.How can I save the perfume in a cracked bottle before it all leaks?
Put the bottle in a plastic bag...?
Until you find a container to put it in, I would get some good duct tape or similar to tape off where it is leaking so it doesn't all evaporate.
try perry ellis it's 180 dollars and the bottle wont crack
tape the bottle and put it in a plastic bag
try sealing the crack with nail polish

No comments:

Post a Comment