Monday, December 28, 2009

Am I allowed to keep a 2 oz bottle of perfume in my carry-on bag?

I never really got the whole 3-1-1 on the liquid thing. Like should I put the perfume in a seperate bag, or will I be fine with it in my carry-on bag. Please explain to me because Im going on a plane ride in a couple of days and i need to know whether I should put my perfume in a different bag or not bring it at allAm I allowed to keep a 2 oz bottle of perfume in my carry-on bag?
Yes, but you have to follow the 3-1-1 rule that you mentioned





The 3-1-1 rule is that:





Each liquid bottle must be less than 3.4 ounces (so your 2 oz is fine)


The liquids must be placed into a 1 quart zip-top bag (such as a Ziploc or Glad sandwich bag)


And only 1 plastic bag per passenger.





So you can have the perfume in your carry-on, if you place it within a Ziploc bag (along with any other liquids you have in your carry-on). At the x-ray machine, take out the Ziploc bag and put it in a bin with your shoes, to be scanned separately from your carry-on bag. Put it back in after your luggage goes through the x-ray. That's all there is to it.





http://www.tsa.gov/311/Am I allowed to keep a 2 oz bottle of perfume in my carry-on bag?
anything below 3 oz is fine :P





P.S.- 4-1-1 is the number for information, not 3-1-1
Why would you NEED perfume on a plane? If you're checking a bag put it in there. Perfume is inappropriate for confined and crowded spaces.
Yea you can but be sure to wrap it in bubble wrap or somthing ( I fly on a plane all the time)
put the perfume in a quart ziploc bag and then put it in your luggage, you will be fine if its 3 oz or less
They didn't for me!


They wouldn't even let me have liquid eyeliner! :(


I had to give 2 of my eyeliners up. : ' (

No comments:

Post a Comment